Win A Sealy Posturepedic – Australia Day Competition
Terms and Conditions
1. Information on how to enter and the prize(s) form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these
Terms and Conditions.
2. Entry is only open to Australian residents aged 18 years or over. Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter.
3. Promotion commences 6.00pm on Friday 25 January 2019 and closes at 23:59pm on Thursday 31 January 2019 ("Promotional Period"). To enter, individuals must visit the Sealy Australia Facebook Page and tell us in 25 words or less why buying Australian made is important to you, and you’ll be in the running!
4. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant's identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who tampers with the entry process. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter's discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
5. Incomplete, indecipherable, indecent or illegible entries may be deemed invalid in the Promoter’s absolute discretion.
6. There is only one entry allowed per person. First prize is a Sealy Posturepedic valued at $1700. Winners will be notified in writing within ten (10) business days after the judge’s decision. The Promoter's decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
7. The winner(s) will be determined by a Sealy Australia judging panel between 9:00am on 4th February 2019 and 5pm 5th February 2019. The winner will be announced on the 5 February 2019.
8. Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash, unless otherwise specified.
9. Winner(s) will be required to take part in related publicity, including participation in ad-hoc media activity with print and broadcast media with reasonable advance notice.
10. Winner(s) will have until 24th July 2019 to claim their prize. A draw for any unclaimed prize will take place on the 26th July 2019.
11. Entrants consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this promotion (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
12. By entering the competition, entrants agree that their entries can be posted on the Sealy Australia website, on its Twitter, Instagram and Facebook pages, and related Sealy Australia online/social media platforms.By entering the competition, entrants agree that their entries or images may be used by Sealy Australia as they wish without prior notice to the entrant.
13. If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law: (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
14. Any cost associated with accessing the promotional website/associated services is the entrant's responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used.
15. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the Australian Consumer Law or similar consumer protection laws in the State and Territories of Australia ("Non-Excludable Guarantees"). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
16. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity), whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter's control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (f) use of a prize.
17. The Promoter collects personal information in order to conduct the promotion and may, for this purpose, disclose such information to third parties, including but not limited to agents, contractors, service providers, prize suppliers and, as required, to Australian regulatory authorities. Entry is conditional on providing this information. The Promoter may, for an indefinite period, unless otherwise advised, use the information for promotional, marketing, publicity, research and profiling purposes, including sending electronic messages or telephoning the entrant. Entrants should direct any request to opt out, access, update or correct information to the Promoter. All entries become the property of the Promoter.
18. The Promoter is Madad Pty Ltd (ABN57 009 678 344) of 1299 Boundary Rd, Wacol QLD 4076.