How to register your Sealy product warranty
Upon receipt of your new Sealy, please locate your Sealy warranty instructions.
This flyer contains:
- Your warranty registration instructions.
- Your care and maintenance instructions. These should be followed carefully as they can extend the life of your Sealy bed.
We encourage you to register your purchase with us by completing the questionnaire attached to the warranty card or by registering your warranty online. Failure to register your product does not diminish your warranty rights.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR SEALY PRODUCT
At Sealy, we make the mattress that makes you more comfortable, and that includes repairing any sleep set that fails to live up to our high standards for quality materials and workmanship. Please take a few minutes to read over the guarantee guidelines. Be aware that it can take up to 30 days for your body to adjust to the feel and support of a new sleep system.
Please contact the Sealy National Customer Care Centre on 1300 130 221 for any further assistance.
Terms & Conditions
Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
The benefits conferred by this Guarantee are in addition to all other rights and remedies in respect of the product which the Purchaser has under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (as amended) and similar State and Territory laws.
Original Purchaser Only
Sealy of Australia (‘Sealy’) offers a guarantee which is only for the benefit of the original purchaser (‘the purchaser’) of the product, and is non-transferable.
Length of Guarantee
Your guarantee protects you from the day you purchase your sleep set and continues according to the period found on the law tag. This tag is sewn into the border of your mattress and foundation and must not be removed. In the event that we repair your sleep set your Sealy warranty will continue to cover any service work completed by Sealy of Australia. If your product is replaced as a result of a warranty claim, your replacement product will be accompanied by a new warranty. This guarantee is valid in Australia only.
For the Duration of the Guarantee
Sealy will repair without charge to the original purchaser, any manufacturing fault (as defined). Sealy reserves the right to refuse service when the product is found on inspection to be in an unsanitary condition or stained, or when product failure is due to causes other than defective workmanship or materials.
Transport & Inspection Charges
Sealy may charge transport costs in the event a warranty claim has not been identified. In the event a warranty claim has been identified, Sealy of Australia will cover all reasonable transport costs to service and/or repair the product.
Sealy reserves the right at all times to approve transportation charges prior to them being incurred. All claims in respect of the Guarantee are to be made to the Sealy Customer Care Centre (1300 130 221) prior to the expiry of this guarantee.
Sealy reserves the right to charge an up-front call out fee prior to an inspection taking place at any stage during the life of the mattress. This fee will be refunded should a manufacturing fault be discovered.
Availability of Identical Materials
If identical materials are not available at the time of repair, Sealy reserves the manufacturer’s right to substitute materials of equal quality. Identical fabrics cannot be guaranteed, however the closest available match will always be attempted.
What this Guarantee covers:
- Coils or wires that are loose or broken
- Coils or wires that protrude or tear
- Splitting occurring in the wood frame
- Loose or broken foundation wire through any fabric
- Compression of modules
- Leg and castor failure
What this Guarantee does not cover:
- Mattress fabric (including stains, burns, pilling, or loose covers)
- Normal body indentations (less than 32 mm)
- Handles (where fitted) – these should be used only to position the mattress and should not be used to support the full weight of the mattress
- Border wires, which run along the perimeter of the mattress (innerspring) and foundation, bent due to moving or folding the sleep set
- Issues relating to comfort choice, ie the mattress is too firm or too soft.
- Comfort is a personal choice and while adjustments are possible these are not a manufacturing fault.
- Issues relating to heat.
- Bedding sold ‘As Is’
- Damage due to abuse. Do not allow anyone to jump on your mattress.
- Bed Height
- Sheet fit
- New bed smell/odour
- Mattress damage due to an inappropriate foundation. A Sealy mattress is designed for full performance when used in conjunction with a matching Sealy foundation. If the mattress is damaged through its use in conjunction with a non-Sealy foundation, the warranty may be void.
- Minor manufacturing anomalies that do not impact the performance of the bed (eg. mis-stitching on quilting).
- Damage due to incorrect storage. Sealy Posturepedic Hybrid mattresses should be stored flat or comfort layers may detach from the spring unit.
- Visco-elastic foams are temperature sensitive and feel variation may occur depending on outside temperatures. This is not a manufacturing fault.
For Your Safety!
Dispose of plastic bags immediately (these bags are polyethylene and are recyclable). Make sure children never use these bags as playthings. They have no air vents and could cause suffocation.
Don’t ever place this product near open flames or expose it to fire.
This mattress is not flame proof or fire proof and can ignite or burn if exposed to open flame or fire.
- When ignited, some bedding materials can burn rapidly and emit smoke and hazardous gases
- Don’t smoke in bed.